The Advanced Media Research Group is an interdisciplinary research group including members from the fields of humanities, computer science, music and cognitive science whose work focuses on video art, new media theory and analysis, artificial intelligence, computer graphics, metacreation, computational systems for creative applications, music composition, and soundscape design.
AMRG has embarked on an ambitious research-creation project funded by SSHRC to investigate and design systems to generate realtime audio/video experiences that demonstrate artistic value and increasing semantic coherence.
The senior research team for the Generative Media Project includes:
- Jim Bizzocchi [http://www.sfu.ca/siat/people/faculty/jim-bizzocchi.html]
- Arne Eigenfeldt [http://www.sfu.ca/~eigenfel/arne/main.html]
- Philippe Pasquier [http://www.sfu.ca/siat/people/faculty/philippe-pasquier.html]
- William Uricchio [http://cmsw.mit.edu/profile/william-uricchio]
- Tom Calvert [http://www.sfu.ca/siat/people/faculty/tom-calvert.html]
For more information, visit http://advmediaresearch.wordpress.com